Interesting Facts About Instagram: Instagram is one of the most popular social media sites in today’s internet world. Instagram is now one of the largest social networks, with over 700 million active users worldwide.
This inspiring and creative medium allows users to share their best moments with the world in the form of photos and videos. This go-to spot for everyday artistic masterpieces also allows users to stay up to date on the latest trends in their preferred feed.
Instagram has 18 fascinating facts that you should be aware of. Instagram is one of the most widely used social media platforms. Instagram is not only appealing to users, but it is also appealing to brands.
Instagram differs from Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in that it focuses on images. Other apps have unique selling points, but Instagram is heavily focused on photos.
It is also very brand-friendly, with brands benefiting greatly from engaging with their customers on Instagram.
In this article, you will learn about various Instagram facts that you may not have known before.
Interesting Facts About Instagram
- On October 6, 2010, Instagram was founded. Instagram will be twelve years old in 2022.
- Before its launch, the name was changed from Codename to Instagram.
- Over 50 billion photos have been shared on Instagram to date.
- The name Instagram is a combination of the words ‘instant camera’ and ‘telegram.’
- Kevin Systrom, Instagram’s co-founder, posted the first Instagram photo. The photo, which was of a dog, was posted on July 16, 2010.
- According to one study, approximately 8% of Instagram accounts are fake.
- Pizza, after steak and sushi, is the most Instagrammed food.
- It is predicted that posts with at least one hashtag will receive an additional 12.6% engagement.
- On July 16, 2010, the co-founder, @kevin, posted the first photo. The photograph depicts a dog.
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed food, followed by sushi and steak.
- It is estimated that posts with at least one hashtag receive 12.6% more engagement.
- In order of popularity, the top five Instagram countries are the United States, Russia, Turkey, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.
- More than half of the top Instagram brands use the same filter for every post.
- Instagram has over a billion active monthly users. That’s a large group!
- Every second, approximately 995 photos are uploaded to Instagram.
- Instagram is used by more women than men.
- 60% of Instagram users use the app to discover new products. That is why businesses adore Instagram.
- Every day, Instagram receives over 4.2 billion “likes.”
- Instagram influencers with fewer than 10,000 followers can earn an average of $88.00 per post.
- On Instagram, 90% of users follow at least one brand. Another reason why brands are focusing on Instagram.
- Instagram is the second most popular social networking site. Instagram is the second most popular social network, trailing only Facebook. Instagram, on the other hand, is also owned by Facebook.
- According to one study, 8% of all Instagram accounts are fake.
- Over 16 million Google searches for “Instagram” are conducted each month.
- Instagram is the world’s fifth most visited website.
- Only Google, YouTube, Facebook, and rival social platform Twitter have more monthly visitors.
- India has more Instagram users than any other country. To be precise, there are 180 million Indian Instagram users. This is not surprising given that India is the world’s second-most populous country, with nearly 1.4 billion people.
- Instagram single image posts receive more likes than permanent video posts. As I previously stated, Instagram is an image-centric platform.
- Instagram was purchased by Facebook in 2012. When this purchase was made, Instagram had only 30 million users.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed person on Instagram as of 2021, with over 243.95 million followers.
- The number of Instagram advertisers exceeds one million.
- The top five countries with the most Instagram users are the United States, Turkey, the United Kingdom, Brazil, and Russia.
- The most popular emoji on Instagram is the heart.
- Juno, Clarendon, and Gingham are the top three Instagram filters.
- Instagram receives approximately 16 million Google searches per month.
- The top five most-followed brands on Instagram are Nike, National Geographic, Nike Football, 9GAG, and Victoria’s Secret.
- More than half of the top brands use the same Instagram filter for every post.
- Selfies are, predictably, one of the most popular Instagram photos. Instagram has more than 310 million selfies.
- Instagram is the second most engaged network, trailing only Facebook. Over 60% of Instagram users log in every day.
- Instagram’s most popular hashtags are #instagood, #love, #me, #follow, and #cute.
- On an average day, Instagram receives approximately 4.2 billion likes. On the other hand, 80 million photos are shared on Instagram every day.
- Every day, one hundred million accounts post a Story.
- The majority of Instagram users are between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Instagram was the most popular network for cyberbullying in 2017.
- On Instagram, the average user follows 359 accounts and has 648 followers. Approximately 80% of all Instagram accounts are private.
- When Instagram launched its video function in 2013, approximately 5 million videos were uploaded on the first day.
- Instagram is used by approximately 32% of all internet users worldwide.
- Instagram has more female users than male users.
- There are 8 million business profiles on Instagram.
- Instagram influencers can charge up to $100,000 for a sponsored post.
- Due to a bug in Instagram’s security system, over 1000 contact information details of celebrities and high-profile stars were leaked on the dark web in August 2017.
- According to a survey, approximately 17% of teens believe Instagram is the most important social media site.
These are the top 51 Interesting Facts About Instagram that you should know in 2022. Follow us on Instagram to know more about it.